Executioners is a covenant in Bloodborne. This covenant focuses on pvp and invasions. To join this covenant acquire the Radiance rune and memorize it.
"The Executioners despise the impure Vilebloods, and no matter what the circumstances, would never cooperate with the bloodthirsty hunters who serve the undead queen, Annalise."
- Location: Before the entrance to Forbidden Woods after first meeting Alfred outside Tomb of Oedon and when the sidequest is completed.
- How to Join: Complete Alfred's side quest in where you help him discover the last survivor of the Vilebloods. Basically what you have to do is: First meet him in the location stated above and then acquire the Unopened Summons from the room Annalise is found in ( remember that in order to get inside Cainhurst castle you need to go to Iosefka's clinic from the Forbidden Woods). Give this item to Alfred (he is now close to the central square of the Cathedral Ward, where the giants with axes are) and go back to the queen's throne for a scene. Finally return to where you first met him and you will find the rune required to join the covenant.
- Leader: Alfred will drop the Executioner's signature rune upon completing his side quest.
- Special Items: Wheel Hunter Badge given once you've given Alfred the summon papers.
- Caryll Rune of the covenant: Radiance
- Rewards: Fire papers, "roar" gesture, Wheel Hunter Badge, "male church bow" gesture, and Radiance Carryll rune.
- Effects: Notice that finishing his quest will have consequences on Annalise, howerver you can always revive her with the Queenly Flesh item in the Altair of Despair ( location unlocked after defeating Ebrietas)
- When ringing the small resonant bell and finding another player using the beckoning bell if the beckoner is a member of the vileblood covenant you are instead converted to an invader and forced into battle. However if the beckoner is not a vileblood then co-op works just like normal. This seems to be a way to invade players who do not have a sinister bell ringing thus opening up possibilities for surprise invasions of vilebloods, although winning a battle does not seem to have any obvious rewards beyond blood echos dropping as they do for all invasions such as a item dropping as the Blood Dregs do for the vilebloods. NOTE: It doesn't work if Beckoner and Co-operator use password to match together.
- This covenent does not have victory rewards nor ranking.
- When speaking to Alfred about the Vilebloods, he offers this dialogue: "In his time, Master Logarius led his executioners into Cainhurst Castle to cleanse it of the Vileblood. But all did not go well and Master Logarius became a blessed anchor, guarding us from evil. ...Tragic, tragic time... ... that Master Logarius should be abandoned in the accursed domain of the Vilebloods. I must free him, so that he may be properly honored in martydom." This implies that Martyr Logarius was once leader of the Executioners, and after a battle at Cainhurst Castle he was left behind by his men. It is at Cainhurst Castle where Martyr Logarius can be fought as the area's boss.
- After defeating Logarius and obtaining the Unopened Summons item, it can be given to Alfred. This prompts him to travel to Cainhurst and slay Annalise, Queen of the Vilebloods. When this is done, he can be found back at his original location at Cathedral Ward beside the tomb that leads to Old Yharnam, dead. The player can then loot his corpse to find the Radiance oath, which can later be equipped to become part of the Executioners Covenant.
Notes, Hints and Tips
- Covenant farming tips, video links etc go here.