The League is a covenant in Bloodborne. This covenant focuses on co-operative play and was added with the DLC patch in November 2015.
"The League is a band of Hunters who have taken an oath and are bound by a single purpose. By aligning yourself to The League, led by a mysterious figure in a constable’s garb and bucket helmet, you can assist other players online in the game and compete in The League’s online rankings leaderboard.
In addition to The League, players will also be able to use The League cane and summon co-op NPCs within the game, perfect for tackling challenging areas and bosses."
- Locations: Forbidden Woods first lamp: Inside the shortcut hut, Hemwick Charnel Lane lamp. Just after the lamp. Byrgenwerth lamp. On the floor between the lamp and the first road.
- How to Join: Speak with Valtr in any location, he will ask to join the Covenant. If you agree, you will receive the Impurity Caryll Rune.
- Leader: Valtr
- Special Items: League Staff, League Oath (gesture), Vermin, One-Eyed Iron Helm, Master's Iron Helm
- Caryll Rune of the covenant: Impurity
- Rewards:League Staff, League Oath Gesture
If you have not unlocked the door to the shortcut hut, you will have to venture into Forbidden Woods
Valtr: name isa deviation of Walther which stems from old high-german words: "waltan" to rule and "heri" army. The leader of an army is a fitting name for someone who leads a small "army" of confederates.
Developers introduce New NPC
- Gesture note: Before crushing 5 vermin, your gesture will be the staff alone with your side-weapon showing. After crushing 5 vermin and with the Impurity rune equipped, the gesture will place your hand onto your heart.
- After Crushing your 5th Vermin, return to Valtr to speak, return to Hunter's Dream and then back once more to Valtr. He will be missing, leaving his helmet behind. As you walk back outside, an invader will attack from your left.