Vermin is a Consumable Item in Bloodborne. It was added with Patch 1.07.
| "A centipede-like creature discovered on successful hunts by League hunters.
Vermin, found hidden within filth, are only seen by League confederates, and are the root of man's impurity. The League has assumed the task of finding and crushing all vermin.
Perhaps there is some mercy in the madness. Those who wish to see vermin can, and those who choose to are provided with boundless purpose."
- Crush this item to obtain +1 rank in the covenant The League
- Obtained by completing a successful co-op session as a phantom whilst wearing the Impurity rune.
- Additionally if you are not a member of the league, but complete a co-op session with another phantom who is, you may receive one.
- You may also obtain Vermin for completing Chalice Dungeon objectives as a phantom whilst wearing the rune.
- Some Old Hunters in the Hunter's Nightmare can drop Vermin. Those hunters do not respawn, so a total of 3 vermin can be obtained this way.
- One Vermin can be obtained by slaying Ludwig with Valtr summoned, provided Valtr survives.
- Another Vermin can be obtained in the same way by having Valtr survive the fight with Laurence.
- Successful co-op session meaning being summoned as a Confederate. The host does not get one vermin after co-op session, you must be the Phantom.
- There is currently a bug that will only count as +1 to the covenant, if you were to consume multiples of this item at once.
- Was able to obtain Vermin in the first level of the first Pthumerian Chalice Dungeon, without wearing any runes. It was dropped by an enemy during a co-op session.
- Seems like being summoned and defeating a boss with a Confederate still gives Vermin even with no Impurity equipped.
- Despite Old Hunter Yamamura being a summonable Confederate for the fight with Living Failures you do not get a Vermin for successfully completing the fight with him. Could be a possible bug.
- Relevant lore theories exist under The Mysteries of Cainhurst Garb & Architecture.
Very disrespectful usage after a PvP match.