Odeon Chapel Dweller
|Cathedral Ward||Formless Oedon|
The Odeon Chapel Dweller is a friendly NPC that lives in the Cathedral Ward.
He is blind. Upon speaking to him, he tells the Hunter that the incense in the Chapel Ward keeps the beasts away, and he compels the Hunter to advise anybody looking for a safe place to stay the night to come to the Oedon Chapel. Once survivors start arriving, he comments on what he makes of their character, and how willing they are to converse with him.
- Next to the first lamp in Cathedral Ward
- Formless Oedon Rune (extends bullet carrying capacity)
Upon first arriving:
Ahh, a hunter are ya? Very sorry, the incense must've masked your scent. Good, good. I've been waiting for one of your ilk. These hunts have everyone all locked up inside. Waiting for it to end... It always does, always has, y'know. Since forever. But it won't end very nicely, not this time. Even some folks hiding inside are goin' bad. The screams of wimminfolk, the stench of blood, the snarls of beasts... none of em's too uncommon now. Yharnam's done fer, I tell ya. But if you spot anyone with their wits about 'em... Tell 'em about this here Oedon Chapel. They'll be safe here. The incense wards off the beasts. Spread the word... tell 'em to come on over. If you wouldn't mind... Hee hee..."
General Dialogue (A):
Ahh, the hunter. Alive and well, are ya? This here's a safe place. Stay as long as you like. But... next time you're out on a hunt, remember what I asked. If you find any sane survivors, tell 'em to seek shelter at Oedon Chapel. Cause there's nothing to fear here... ha, hah ha!"
General Dialogue (B):
I know I shouldn't be askin' you, but... If you happen upon someone while hunting, tell 'em about this here Oedon Chapel. If they seem worth being told that is... Oh, and I do sincerely hope they are... Hee hee hee hee hee..."
Notes & Trivia
- Note on gender discussion: in the German version of the game the Oedon Chapel Dweller is synchronized by a male voice actor. In the Spanish and Brazilian version it's dubbed by a male as well.
- The Skeptical Man mentions him as a male. Additionally, clipping though his game model reveals no breasts.
- He has nothing but good intentions, designed to put you off by appearance. He is extremely distraught whenever any of the survivors die and even asks to be friends with you after you bring in all possible survivors. If killed, presumably with nothing left to lose nor any reason to lie, his dying words are that he just wanted to help people.