Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen is a Boss in Bloodborne.
- Use the Fextra dungeon Glyphs for better chances of co-op: Defiled Chalice - b4bi2s3n Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice - egn5rrdj
- Found in the Dungeon at the final layer. To get the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice and create the dungeon you need to do:
- Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon
- Central Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon
- Lower Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon
- Ailing Loran Chalice Dungeon, for the 2x Bastard of Loran (found in layer 3) needed to create the Defiled Chalice dungeon (you may be able to buy the Bastard of Lorans from the isnight messenger for 7 insight each without having to this dungeon, but unsure when that option appears in the messenger).
- Defiled Chalice Dungeon
- Lower Loran Chalice Dungeon or Great Isz Chalice Dungeon for the 2x Red Jelly (found in layer 3 of either) needed to create the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice Dungeon (assuming you picked up 2x in the chest in the Lecture Building)
- If you need large amounts of Arcane Haze, after completing the Lower Pthumeru Chalice dungeon, create a Lower Pthumeru Root Chalice Dungeon with the glyph code v38v6td4, get to the 2nd layer, open the door to the boss path and enter the side door before the boss. Explore that area and you will find a division with a coffin guarded by some enemies. In that coffin is the Workshop Haze Extractor that allows you to extract Arcane Haze from any ritual material (the material is destroyed after this process).
- If you need Ritual Blood (5), you can easily farm it by doing dungeon search, pick Standard, Loran, Depth 4, and pick any result. Load the dungeon enter the first room, it will be a room full of beasts and you can see a ladder at the end. Run by every enemy towards the ladder, pass the ladder and enter the doorway on the right, cross that tunnel (careful with the blade trap at the end) and enter the next room. There will be a werewolf at the right, kill it and open the chest nearby, it will have 2x Ritual Blood (5). Run back to the lamp or use a Bold Hunter Mark, go back to the dream, remove chalice and repeat the search if you need more.
- All her blood attacks cause rapid poison to build up, so bring Antidotes.
- Only the end of the second "Cry" of the three, will root you if close in melee range. When you hear the second cry jump back, then come back in for a strike.
- Usually you can only get 1-2 hits on her, then you have to distance yourself, otherwise you get chained down
- Sometimes the baby doesn't cry right when you start attacking her. Listen carefully and especially in the first phase you can just spam R1 despite your stamina and interrupt her slowly starting attacks until after a while baby forces you to stop. It is possible to R1 spam the whole first phase if the baby stays silent.
- The first phase you can just dodge through the blood rain she shoots from her wrist, to get your hits in (don't do that once phase 2 starts, you'll get hit)
- Phase 2 starts at around 70-75% she will break her handcuffs and will start using her knife in melee (perfect for riposting, makes the fight a whole lot faster)
- As for riposting, just get close in shortly, backstep and interrupt her from a safer distance, otherwise you'll get chained and can't get your Visceral Attack in.
- At some point she will disappear and summon clones, just hit/shoot them once, and they will disappear (clones only shoot one blood bullet from distance).
- At around 50% she will use a new ranged skill, which involves her cutting her wrist and summon blood knives that attack you from the ground, just sidestep the ground knives; there will be 5 fast ones (just sprint around the arena) and a 6th one that will be delayed
- Poison Knives work great. 4 will be enough to start the slow poison. It's recommended to wait for the more difficult half of the fight (You can't kill her with 20 Poison Knives alone, but having it chip away in the background makes the fight significantly shorter).
- You can attack her safely with the transformed Threaded Cane without causing the baby to cry. This makes the fight go much faster if you've already invested in upgrading one. Since she flinches on hits in her first phase, you can effectively stunlock her to 70% as well as deal significant amounts of damage to her in her phase 2 when she's simply walking around.
- Alternately, go for hit and run tactic with Burial Blade dash R1 in its scythe form and immediately steps backward. The weapon's charged R2 attack can also be used to make the fight exceedingly easy, as it can be used to continually knock her down from a considerable distance, which interrupts her attacks.
- Throwing any type of knife at her places her in some sort of immobile state, and interrupts many of her attacks. This works well in her third stage. You can use this opportunity to heal yourself, land a couple hits, or force her melee attacks to set up a Visceral Attack.
- Using Holy Moonlight Sword's L2 attack, you can keep knocking her down, essentially avoiding getting hit. Be careful as you can clip her into the center column and be unable to hit her. (Just pushed her into a wall and clipped her through the floor; she died seconds later (half health to instant kill)).
|Attack Name||Attack Description & Counter|
|Blood Missile (1 or 3 projectiles)||Fast long range shot fired in a series of 1-3. In the beginning of the fight only one missile but later 3 missiles together. The clones always shoot single projectiles, which is a good way of identifying them. Dodge left or right.|
|Blood Fountain||Launches a slow rain of blood from her wrists. In the first stage of the fight can be dodged under the rain by quickstepping right towards her but later rain becomes too heavy.|
|Blood Blast||Heavy close range attack in the first phase of the fight. Lifts her hands up and launches an AoE blast. Dodge straight away from her. Usually one quickstep and some walking is enough so that after the blast, the player can quickstep back to her and attack.|
|Telekinesis Attack||Bows slightly forward and the ground around her starts to glow with a blue light. Act fast! Quickstep away from the glow or run towards the Queen and attack her. The area of the spell has visual borders. If you do not dodge or interrupt the attack, you will get thrown around in the air and slammed to the ground taking a massive amount of damage.|
|Single Blood Spears from the floor||Stabs her hand with her sword causing a blood spear to arise from the floor right under you. She can do one after another, up to 3-4 times. The timing to dodge is as soon as she stabs herself, not earlier.|
|Walls of Blood Spears||Stabs her hand and a line of spears arise from the floor. She can do another as soon as one line finishes, up to 3-4 times. Excellent opportunity to quickstep behind her and do a charge attack to get a backstab chance.|
|Sword Rush||Takes a fast and far reaching jump towards you and slashes with her sword. Easily dodged.|
|Blood Storm||After buffing her sword pushes it to the ground and pillars of blood erupt near her, much like the fire pillars in Fire Storm magic in Dark Souls. Don't try anything, just dodge away from her.|
|Slashing with her sword||Swings her sword (buffed or not) at you and tries to stab too if you get in range. Baiting an melee attack, dodging away and taking a rather easy countershot from the follow ups to stagger her is a solid strategy and visceral attacks makes this fight too much easier.|
- She is the only boss in the game with a gold trophy for defeating her.
- She drops the Yharnam Stone, but only in Ihyll encounter, as she doesn't drop anything in Mergo's Loft.
- If you haven't defeated Mergo's Wet Nurse, she still appears on Mergo's Loft even after killing her in Pthumeru Ihyll.