Eileen the Crow is a non-player character in Bloodborne. Wearing a Beak Mask, this hunter is a dual-wield "skill" hunter.
The Raven Hunter: A hunter with an unusual pair of warped swords. Wears a raven mantle and a doctor's mask, uses bizarre swordsmanship. Well, she seems to be an ally...
- Gives the Crow Hunter Badge and Hunter Caryll rune after completing her quest line.
- Drops: If killed, will give 5198 (2318, on first encounter.) Blood Echoes and Crow Hunter Badge (Amount of blood echoes dropped after defeating seems to change depending on which phase of the game you are in). Testing needed
- Crow Hunter Badge unlocks the armor Crowfeather Set and Weapon Blade of Mercy for purchase from the Messengers.
- She is the leader of the Hunter of Hunters Covenant.
- Gestures given during quest:
- "Shake Off Cape"
- Location 1: From the Central Yharnam Lamp: (1.) Exit the gate next to Gilbert, go down the stairs; (2.) Go left, down the next stairs, past the two brick trolls; (3.) Before the stairs going down to the elevator, turn right and head up the next stairs; (4.) Head left, around this corner, and down the stairs, towards the wolves in cages; (5.) Cross the bridge, and the lamp where the old lady is, down into the structure with a bunch of barrels; (6.) On the right side of the room, drop through the barrel blocked window onto a small walkway, and head right; (7.) Again, on the right wall, is a barrel blocked window; (8.) Enter through this window and head straight to meet with Eileen looking over the railing.
- Location 2: From the Cathedral Ward lamp: (1.) Head straight out, (2.) Immediately turn left tight when you exit the door, and you will see her standing next to the railing; (3.) If you have seen the Lesser Amygdala, she is standing in the same location. After exiting the doorway, turn left.
- You must have opened two gates first: (A.) The large gate to the circular area, towards the Cathedral; and (2.) After going up the stairs, a short way, and turning right, you will have to pull a lever to open the smaller gate, leading back to the Cathedral Ward.
- Killing Darkbeast Paarl causes her to disappear.
- Killing the Witch of Hemwick before speaking to her in Cathedral Ward also causes her to disappear from this location.
- Location 3: The Tomb of Oedon. This Lamp will not be accessible and will need to be traveled to via the Central Yharnam or Cathedral Ward lamp.
- Location 4: Fighting the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst at the Grand Cathedral. This event will occur after slaying Rom, the Vacuous Spider.
- Location 5: There is a pool of blood, where normally the top Chapel Giant stands -- if you have failed or talked to Eileen after killing the hostile hunter and received her rewards, you may see this blood stain here.
- Eileen can initially be found in a side room accessed from the rafters, at the Central Yharnam Sewer entrance. This entrance is hidden behind boxes and barrels near a staircase and is very close to the old lady that you can send to a safe place.
She will give you 4 Bold Hunter's Mark and the "Shake Off Cape" Gesture (be sure to speak with her twice).
If you miss her and complete Central Yharnam, she'll show up in Cathedral Ward.
- To progress her questline, speak with her in Cathedral Ward.
She can be found by exiting via the doorway directly in front of the Cathedral Ward lantern and immediately looking left.
She will teach you the "Shhh!" Gesture and tell you about the Tomb of Oedon encounter. She will not appear in this location until you have opened the shortcut gate leading to the Grand Cathedral. This can be done by purchasing the Hunter Chief Emblem and clearing most of Cathedral Ward. Note: If you do not purchase the Hunter Chief Emblem, You can still open the gate via the Abandoned Old Workshop.
- At the Tomb of Oedon lamp you will have to help Eileen with the fight with Henryk to receive "Approval" Gesture. You will also receive the Heir Caryll Rune from the Henryk's corpse. If she dies in this encounter, the quest line will not continue.
Be Warned, accidentally hitting her to many times whilst trying to help with the Henryk encounter may turn her hostile after the fight. She remains hostile even if you reload the area. The Poison Knives located in the alley near Arianna can ensure Henryk dies first without risk of Eileen turning hostile.
- After defeating Rom, the Vacuous Spider you will find Eileen at the top of the steps to the Grand Cathedral. You must assist her with the hunter encounter inside the Grand Cathedral to complete her quest line.
Be warned, the fight in the Grand Cathedral is very hard and can only be fought solo, but can be cheesed (patched out as of 1.04).
Completing the quest line will reward you with the Crow Hunter Badge and will offer the ability to join the Hunter of Hunters Covenant.
Attention, If you miss all steps 1 - 3, she will vanish completely after the death of Rom, the Vacuous Spider. Be Warned, if you at least talked to her once and missed steps 2 or 3, she will instead hunt you at the Grand Cathedral after the death of Rom, the Vacuous Spider.
- You can find an analysis of the Questline along with related media on Fextralife , specifically here.
Click to Show/Hide
- Beak Mask
- Crowfeather Garb
- Crowfeather Manchettes
- Crowfeather Trousers
Eileen seems to have been a former hunter herself at some point. If you fight Eileen and are killed by her, her dialogue "You still have dreams? ...Tell the little doll I said hello..." indicates that she knows of both the Hunter's Dream and the Plain Doll, suggesting that she was a former hunter trapped in the Dream, much the like player themselves, who managed to break free from cycle of death and awakening. In the encounter with her at the foot of the Grand Cathedral, she mentions that she no longer dreams, and therefore that death is now permanent for her.
The description of both the Crowfeather Set and the Crow Hunter Badge suggest that Eileen is from a foreign land, not a native Yharnamite; her unique accent may suggest this as well. Her Badge suggests that she is an "outsider from the hinterlands" - that is, areas of countryside away from civilization or beyond known geography, sparsely inhabited and traversed mostly by travelers. Note that this is the only mention of the hinterlands in the game.
|Eileen at the balcony in Cathedral Ward.|
- it seems there may be a bug that prevents players from seeing Eileen's subsequent events after the first, either due to a bug, or because of an unknown trigger. Players have reported being unable to warp to the Tomb of Oedon lamppost, but upon reaching it, no event occurs, and the post remains inactive. As this combination of events seems to both stop her quest from progressing AND removes her from the game world, it may be imperative to kill her in her initial sewer location in order to obtain her quest items and activate the Oedon chapel lamppost.
- If the player never talked to her in her initial location she can be found in the Cathedral Ward just to the left outside the door going forward from the lamp.
- It appears that if you never talk to her in the cathedral ward before she leaves, she seems to spawn at the grand cathedral lamp, after the Rom fight, as a hostile (see video below).
- For the full armor set with the Blade of Mercy the combined cost is 84,000 blood echoes.
- If you enter Oedon Tomb and engage in battle with the hunter, Henryk, after following Eileen's previous quest requirements, Eileen will come out of hiding and help fight.
- Eileen does not need to be talked to outside of Cathedral Ward to not be hostile in the encounter in Grand Cathedral, however you must kill Henryk soon after she appears.
- The final encounter of this Questline, inside the Grand Cathedral, can be killed by his own weapon, the Chikage. All you need to do is allow him to activate it's transformed state and then run out of his field of vision towards the stairs near the entrance. He will eventually run back to his starting location but not always transform his Chikage back, eventually dying from the HP drain of the weapon. This tactic is useful for players who are struggling to kill this extremely difficult enemy.
- Another strategy for an easy win is to stock up on Poison Knives. Aggro the enemy, then lure him out to the entrance of the Cathedral. His AI won't allow him to walk out of the Cathedral, and if you keep your distance, he will start walking back to his starting position. When he does this, you can easily poison him without the threat of a counter-attack or dodging. The effect of the poison, combined with the Chikage's drain effect if you've gotten him to two-hand his weapon, will eat through his HP quite quickly.
- You can also exploit the limits of his AI by luring him to the Cathedral doors, then attacking him with weapons that can out-range him. The Hunter's Axe and Threaded Cane's transformed forms work well for this strategy. Note that this strategy is still extremely risky, as he can easily one-shot you with his firearm if he shoots you while you are attacking for counter damage.
- The transformed Rifle Spear's strong attack is also quite effective in dealing with the hunter in the Grand Cathedral. Simply back away from the hunter until he starts walking directly towards you, then hit him with the strong attack. Try for a charge attack, but if he starts getting too close to you, release the button early. He'll get hit by the attack 95% of the time, and as it always stuns him momentarily, you'll have plenty of time to dodge away and start setting him up for the next attack. The only danger to this method is the possibility of being parried, so make sure your health bar is full before going on the offensive.
- Using the Choir Bell on the injured Eileen, outside of the Grand Cathedral, will result in her death.
((Please respect these video posting guidelines))
- Artorias80- Eileen The Crow Hunter Strategy (Solo w/ Threaded Cane) -
- Tr3a- Eileen the Crow Hunter strategy (Solo w/ Saw Spear)
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!