Shadow of Yharnam is an enemy in Bloodborne. It is also a mandatory boss in the main game, found in the Forbidden Woods area. Shadows usually hang around in groups, and each type has a different ability just like the 3 bosses. They are tricky enemies, as they are quick witted and will offer a combination of attacks and counters.
They wield a large curved sword and the range of attacks is far-reaching. The pyromancer instead wields a mace.
- Use the same strategy as given in the boss fight. It is advised to draw them out, perhaps with pebbles, and fight them one at a time.
- Alternatively, bait the Goliath Pig to crash them, and they will fight against each other.
These enemies come in 3 variations, exactly like during the boss fight:
- A mace-wielding pyromancer, who will cast 3 fireballs.
- One that wields a candle in his right hand. He will blow on the candle for a fire-breath effect, is also a sword fighter.
- One just wields a sword. He can 2-hand his scimitar and start fighting like a samurai.
|Mergo's Loft: Middle||HP||Echoes||(Quantity/Rating) Drop%||(Quantity/Rating) Drop%|
- Mhazard -
- They resemble the Nazgul (Ringwraiths) from The Lord of the Rings.
- It is easy to mistake the weapon of the pyromancer for a tonitrus but it is a different, heavier weapon.
- Underneath their cloaks they look like a Watcher's Gravedigger but burned and blackened.
- They wear armored gloves.
- Those carrying a sword all carry that sword in their left hand.
- They may all very well be infested with snakes or other Vermin