Labyrinth Ritekeepers are enemies in the labyrinth in Bloodborne. Whether the ruins are tombs or a mere resting place for something dark and foul, or both, one thing is true: Someone or something lies asleep here. The Protectors also worship what lies beneath, and among the Protectors are a special class of ritual masters that carry out horrific and detestable ritual rites.
- Labyrinth Ritekeepers are physically weak and immobile. However, they defend themselves with highly damaging fireballs that can travel huge distances (some of them use arcane balls instead)
- They are even more deadly at point blank range than a distance. They may conjure fireballs inside the player which deals HUGE dmg (possibly counterdmg), likely resulting in instant death unless the Hunter has stacked considerable fire resistances with runes and specialized attire, such as the Charred Hunter's set.
- A taller variant can sometimes be seen in Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice, this walking variant leads a patrol of undead and can greatly buff their damage.
- To deal with these threats, be proactive in dashing around the masters and try to attack them from the sides. If the Hunter can safely initiate a combo, that is likely all it will take to bring a Ritual Master down.
- Alternatively you can surprise them and use a weapon with good speed and range to avoid the spawning fireballs. Ideal are the R2 attacks of (untransformed) Church Pick and Holy Moonlight Sword. using L2 on Hunter Axe from their sides is also very effective.
- When paired with other enemies, it is safest to prioritize bringing Ritual Masters down first. A stray fireball can easily kill the Hunter if they are occupied fighting other monsters.
- Before casting a fireball she will move the hand in her right hand (yes, she is holding a hand). If she moves the skull in her left hand she will perform a spraying attack or a buff.
- Cowering version drops Bloodtinge Gems
- Tall version drops Pulsing Gems
- Drops Ritual Blood
- Rarely a Ritekeeper will use arcane projectiles instead of fireballs.
- Usually they are same size as the Oedon Chapel Dweller, but in high difficulty root dungeons there are tall variants with red glowing eyes. They buff nearby mobs, use melee attacks and are in all ways more dangerous than regular variant.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!