Living String is a consumable material Item in Bloodborne.
Living String Usage
- Used in the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice Ritual.
- In Nightmare of Mensis, after defeating Micolash, Host of the Nightmare and using the lever to drop the Mother (Frenzy) Brain down, it is obtainable by accessing a green cage elevator in the black mannequin enemy area and then slaying the non-aggressive Mother Brain. Upon arriving in the dark area, head immediately northwest after exiting the elevator and it should be there. Listen for the sounds of its breathing.
- Can be purchased in the Hunter's Dream for 10 Insight. The trigger for this item to appear is most likely killing the Mother Brain mentioned above. (Can confirm the Yharnam Stone is NOT required to buy the string and Make Contact gesture need not be done) (I killed her in my first play through but was never given the option to buy the living string. My assumption is that the trigger to buy it is first obtaining the string.)
- Used to open the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice Dungeon where Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen is located.
- you can also get the moon +30% blood echoes rune by doing the make contact gesture for 40-50 seconds in front of the non-aggressive Mother Brain before killing it.
- There seems to be a bug where killing the Mother Brain with a cooperator can cause you to not get the Living String. The bug seems to be caused by the cooperator landing the final attack, reloading the area and killing the Mother Brain again will get you the Living String.
- Trivia goes here