Great Lake is a Caryll Rune in Bloodborne.
Great Lake Effects
- Increases all defense types.
- All DMG reduction +3%/ 4%/ 5%
- Increases in defense are visible from the menu
- Runes stack multiplicatively with other sources of defense, including other runes.
- Effectively multiplies all damage taken by 0.97/0.96/0.95 depending on the tier of rune.
- Since 10 points of defense equates to 1% damage reduction, the menu will display an increase in defense based on how much you already have, to represent the multiplicative nature.
- For example, if you have 200 physical defense, the physical damage you take is multiplied by 0.8. Adding a 5% Great Lake Rune will further multiply that by 0.95, for a total of a 0.76 multiplier. This is shown in the menu as 240 physical defense.
- 3% - Lower Hintertomb Root Chalice (random chance)
- 4% - Upper Cathedral Ward, take a right turn at the top of the stairs above the Lamp.
- 5% - Isz Root Chalice (random chance)
- To memorize this rune, you must have the Rune Workshop Tool
- Great Lake +3% - Chalice Glyph: 8jv9v6bc (Layer 1 - loot area after locked door)
- Great Lake +3% - Chalice Glyph: qft7c6dw (Layer 2)
- Great Lake +3% - Chalice Glyph: 3j22s3z6 (Layer 3)
- Great Lake +3% - Chalice Glyph: w8zxj7h5 (can't remember which layer, but I just found three runes in this chalice)
- Great Lake +5% - Chalice Glyph: 2tv8fwqa (Layer 1) Fetid+Rotted, bonus dungeon after opening the boss gate
- Great Lake +5% - Chalice Glyph: 8bk4dtfk (Layer 3), Fetid+Rotted (Side Passage before Layer 2 Lantern)
- Great Lake +5% - Chalice Glyph: 7zvhn7dw (Layer 1) Sinister Izs Root Chalice with SInsiter bell rite. 1° bonus room, go up the ladder.
Trivia goes here
Anti-Clockwise Metamorphosis ♦ Arcane Lake ♦ Beast ♦ Beast's Embrace ♦ Blood Rapture ♦ Clawmark ♦ Clear Deep Sea ♦ Clockwise Metamorphosis ♦ Communion ♦ Corruption ♦ Deep Sea ♦ Dissipating Lake ♦ Eye ♦ Fading Lake ♦ Formless Oedon ♦ Great Deep Sea ♦ Guidance ♦ Heir ♦ Hunter ♦ Impurity ♦ Lake ♦ Milkweed ♦ Moon ♦ Murky Deep Sea ♦ Oedon Writhe ♦ Radiance ♦ Stunning Deep Sea
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Just found a +5% in an Isz FRC 73wz2vfa, Layer 2 pre-lantern area.
Great lake 5% all dmg reduction - very first pre-lantern bonus area in a coffin guarded by a brainsucker. F/R/C Isz 26hsh8cw
found a great lake rune in the pre-first lantern door. head to the right from the entrence and then right again and you will enter a room with two staircases. kill the brainsucker and get the rune. chalice glyph: wr8fvmka
Rotted Isz [yn25ttgu] (F/R/-) L1: Great Deep Sea+150 (first side area) L2: Great Lake+5% L3: Lost Kirkhammer Patches the Spider will appear in main room of L2
Chalice Glyph (tier 3): dry39ytc (Layer 1). Turned out to be full of *****. Don't bother wasting your time.
this a shame, such a good rune
Found one in my dungeon with glyph code 8jv9v6bc in the first layer pre-boss bonus area. The first layer also holds a tier one stunning deep sea rune in the pre-layer bonus area. Easy loot is easy
5bzagzex layer two pre lantern
Found it in Rotted Fetid Isz Chalice, Layer 3 before the lantern. Also has a Lost Ludwig's on layer 2. The glyph is nqjrjr3b. Let me know if that works for y'all. I'll keep it open.
Hey people created this dungeon today and got the grest lake 5% just at the begining. Glyph: pqmc4sms first bonus area
5rg4m5cw. Be careful Brain suckers.
Would you please let me know the requisitions to join 8bk4dtfk and find the Great Lake +5% rune? I have all three Isz Chalices, but still can't join this dungeon using the aforementioned glyph.
Even at 5% damage reduction, is this enough to be worth a rune slot compared to being able to carry more blood vials?
I need the 3% versione of this rune. I've tried the glyph code listed up here (3j22s3z6) but i cant enter the dungeon. Whats the requirement here?
Isz Root all offerings Layer 1 glyph: auu2vvac in pre-boss area as i remeber correctly. Also there is lost Ludwig at Layer 2 and arcane +74.5 triangle Layer 3 pre boss.
dry39ytc is a Deep Sea +300 frenzy res rune why it's posted here is beyond me, and 8jv9v6bc isn't a tier 3 rune either even through it is listed above as such
The rune say he increase all defences by 5%, but i went from: 244 / 203 / 211 / 169 / 168 / 260 / 316 to: 282 / 243 / 250 / 210 / 210 / 297 / 350 in an increase of: +38 / +40 / +39 / +41 / +42 / +37 / +34 Equal to an average of +18,28, with the lowest increase of the higher one, Thunder (10,7%) and the highest increase of the lowest one, Arcane (25%)