Flamesprayer is a Firearm in Bloodborne; it's one of two arcane-based "sprayer" firearms.
" A special weapon used by certain members of the Healing Church.
Spits searing flames by using blood-imbued Quicksilver Bullets as a special medium.
Not the most efficient weapon by any stretch, but sometimes a sea of flame is just what the doctor ordered.
Besides, the beasts of Yharnam can always use a good cleansing."
- This hunter firearm is primarily for arcane builds due to its high scaling.
- You can hold L2 down to continuously fire; it consumes one Quicksilver Bullet every 1.4 seconds.
- The Flamesprayer can be upgraded, but it cannot be fortified with blood gems.
- Gilbert will grant you this firearm as a gift after you defeat Father Gascoigne (you actually have to trigger the cathedral ward intro cut scene first) and zone in some way (use a lamp to teleport, exit your game, die, etc.). If you have already defeated Vicar Amelia before you attempt to receive it, he will no longer offer it, forcing you to buy it from the Messenger shop instead.
- It becomes available for purchase for 8000 Blood Echoes from the Bath Messenger after obtaining the Radiant Sword Hunter Badge.
- The Flamesprayer operates as a powerful anti-mob firearm for arcane users.
- This hunter arcane firearm can be found very early. As such, it's considered a lifesaver for "pure arcane" builds that tend to struggle in the early stages of the game.
- It cannot stagger opponents, but the damage output is potentially enough to offset this problem.
- It's also very useful in tight corridors/rooms since it becomes more difficult for opponents to dodge the flames.
- Stamina is not consumed while this firearm is being used. This can be useful for damaging opponents after you have expended all of your current stamina.
- Keep in mind there is a small delay between the timing of the Flamesprayer's activation and when it actually starts shooting flames. Plan accordingly when dealing with a quick opponent.
- You can walk freely while using this firearm. However, beware that you also move slower while it's being fired.
- This hunter firearm is very useful against opponents vulnerable to fire damage.
- Most beast-type opponents are vulnerable to fire damage.
- An exception to this rule is Laurence, The First Vicar.
- Bone Marrow Ash can be used to boost this firearm's damage output. As long as you hold down L2, it applies the same BMA activated to every tick of damage.
- You can also use an Oil Urn to boost this firearm's damage output.
- In PVP, if you manage to douse an opponent with oil, they might become cautious when approaching you if they know you have access to a Flamesprayer (or some sort of fire-type weapon).
- This gives you a major tactical advantage, giving you breathing room and/or pinning down opponents.
- Beware that opponents may use long range weapons to safely attack you while they are still coated with oil.
- A weapon that operates in a similar manner to the Flamesprayer (but instead utilizes arcane damage) is the Rosmarinus.
Movesets & VideosFlamesprayer Moveset
- The Flamesprayer is similar to a real life weapon called a flamethrower.
- The design of the Flamesprayer seems like a modified portable version. It does have two tanks that seem to hold flammable liquids and pressurized gas necessary to operate it.
- For exactly what purpose Quicksilver Bullets are used for this firearm isn't exactly clear, other than it serves as a special medium of some sort.
- Considering that regular fire is already lethal to beasts, it's possible that the Church used Quicksilver Bullets for a religious purpose (in this case, "cleansing").
- Used by Church Doctor, Wheelchair Mob and Yahar'Gul Hunter.
- Since this item is given as a gift from Gilbert, who later turns into an Old Yharnam Beast, it can be assumed that the Flamesprayer was widely used as a means to burn Old Yharnam down into ashes when the beast infestation took place.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!