Brain Fluid is a Key Item in Bloodborne.
| "Greyish amoeba-shaped brain fluid. Wobbles and bounces.
Extracted from a patient whose head expanded until that was all that they were.
In the early days of the Healing Church, the Great Ones were linked to the ocean, and so the cerebral patients would imbibe water, and listen for the howl of the sea. Brain fluid writhed inside the head, the initial makings of internal eyes.
Once, a young girl had an older brother who was determined to become a doctor, and so she wilfully became his patient. In the end, this led to their encounter with the Eldritch Truth, for which they considered themselves blessed.
We fail to realize our own latent potential, until the moment it is lost, and we sense its absence. Ironically, this is the very nature of insight, like the moment one licks one's own blood, only to be startled by its sweetness."
- Brain Fluid is given to Saint Adeline to progress an in-game quest to receive the Milkweed Caryll Rune. There are 3 places to find it.
- Drops off the enlarged head at the highest point of the research hall on the uppermost catwalk in the corner across a crow. This is accessed after turning the main tower in the Research Hall. (Can be reached early by dropping to another platform close to where you reached the top level and climbing up another ladder)
- Drops off the enlarged head on the middle platform that is guarded by a hunter and minigun user in a wheelchair.
- After using the Balcony Key she gifts you after the second Brain Fluid offering, reload the map, and Saint Adeline will have turned into an enlarged head without a body. Kill her to get a third Brain Fluid. (Killing her before then will permanently remove her from the current NG cycle, as well as your one chance to get the Milkweed rune, and you will have to try again in the next one.)
- This item can only be gotten once per enlarged head (including Adeline).
- Hostile enlarged heads do not drop this.
- Player note 1
Trivia goes here
*Note* Saint Adeline must be given the first 2 Brain Fluids before she will turn into a enlarged head herself. Returning to the Hunters Dream multiple times seems adequate to move her in between in between states which will cause her to ask for more Brain Fluid.