- Blood echoes (1866)
- Central Pthmeru Chalice
- Cursed and Defiled Root Chalice (when defeated in Defiled Chalice)
- The Watchdog is highly resistant to fire damage (to the point of near immunity) and as such Arcane builds may have significant difficulties without access to bolt damage.
- She does a lot of fire attacks, in fact all attacks seems to deal fire damage, but they are all very easily avoidable so fire resistance, while viable, is unnecessary.
- A weapon with some range can be useful but a slow weapon can put you at a disadvantage so be careful. The saw weapons are fairly effective with their speedy trick attacks.
- When you enter the room she will likely use her charge attack so be prepared to dodge. She constantly moves toward you slowly so most of her attacks will be her Flame Swipe and Bite Combo. After using her bite combo, she will return to a neutral stance; you can use a vertical overhead attack to damage the crested plates on top of her head. After taking a few hits to the head, the defensive plate protecting her head will become damaged and further attacks to this area will cause additional damage. If she does Flame Swipe instead you can dodge through the flames but if you are close to her she will use the attack again with her other claw. She can transition into a Bite Combo pretty easily from Flame Swipe so it's best to dodge away and reset her and try for a Bite Combo. Because these attacks are very easy to avoid, this strategy is optimal. At 50% health she does her Explosion move which can kill you if get caught in it. She now moves at you much more aggressively and is just as likely to use Snapping Bites and she is Bite Combo--generally it seems she will use Snapping Bites if you are almost directly in front of her so try to stay at her side more to goad out a Bite Combo. Keep trying to bait her into using Bite Combo. and avoid her Explosion. When she uses an attack, you will see her throat swell up like a toad, if you hit it enough times while it's swollen you will stagger her, however, if you don't manage to pull off a stagger, you'll likely get hit with her attack.
|Swipe Bite||No||A series of wide, horizontal bites triggered when close to her front or side. The reach of this attack is deceptively large and is possible to get hit when in standing in flanks.|
|Flame Wave Swipe||No||Left swipe sending a wave of fire outward. Quickstep either to the side or through the wave.|
|Flame Bark Combo||No||Barks quick bursts of fire ahead. Back away during its long build-up to avoid this.|
|Lava Vomit||No||Vomits lingering pools of lava ahead. Back away during its long build-up to avoid walking into the lava pools.|
|Flaming Charge||No||Lights up and charges; quickstep to either side and out of its way. Hitbox is deceptively large and is triggered when entering boss room, cooperators should wait upon entering.|
|Pounce Attack||No||Pounces from hind legs with heavy tracking. Dash or quickstep forward past it while it's airborne.|
|Stomping Combo||No||Stomps multiple times with its front and hind legs when standing against them. Quickstep backward to avoid.|
|Double Flame Wave Swipe||No||Same as the Flame Wave Swipe, but followed by a delayed second hit from the right paw. Quickstep left twice to move out of the second's range.|
|Explosion||No||Absorbs heated particles before using a massive explosion. Gain as much distance possible by repeatedly quickstepping backward.|
Bait out her sideways bite, until her head is hit enough she'll only bite on time. Hit her as her head is recovering from the attack (I used Ludwig's L2, it's best to use higher range weapons with higher damage so you get the most out of that one hit), and sidestep her dash attack immediately afterwards. Repeat this until her head bursts into flames. From here on out, her bite attack becomes a 3 hit combo. Bait out the first bite, walk back in to bait out the second bite. If the second bite goes off, she will always follow up with a third bite, so hit her in the head after the third bite and sidestep her dash attack again. This is an extremely easy and extremely safe strategy, though time consuming.
Don't let her intimidate you, going on the 'defense' is good however you'll have to have a large amount of patience and if you fail the entire thing starts over. Instead memorize her attacks (I'll explain some common one's here) and attack (even if it's one hit). One thing to note: at first you won't do too much damage, however wearing her legs down will eventually stagger her (you can't visceral her though) once she's in this state that leg will receive more damage. Entering the arena she'll immediately charge attack, this is easily evaded with one side step you can then get a few free hits in, when she uses her primary attack (bite) one thing to know is you'll find the left side to be safe as she'll usually attack only once, however when she attacks from the right this is a bait as once close enough she'll do an attack from the left, when you notice this you'll naturally back off however this is risky, instead keep going dodging left to her back leg. When she does flame swipe (depending on your distance) it may be best to dodge through it and attack.
- The hitbox during the charge attack is a little large
- Drops 67776 Blood Echoes and a Cursed And Defiled Root Chalice when defeated in Cursed Pthumerian Defilement Layer Two Heart.