Twin Bloodstone Shards is an upgrade Item in Bloodborne.
| "A solid shard that forms in coldblood. After death, a substance in the blood hardens, and that which does not crystallise is called a bloodstone.
At the workshop, these bloodstones are embedded in weapons to fortify them. "
- Used to Fortify weapons to +6.
- You will need 3 to get to +4, 5 to +5, and 8 to +6 for a total of 16.
- Can be bought from the Messenger bath shop (10,000 echos) after obtaining the Cosmic Eye Watcher Badge and the insight messenger bath shop (2 insight) after defeating Rom, the Vacuous Spider
- Possible drop (uncommon) from Snatchers
- Possible drop from hunting dogs in Hemwick Charnel Lane
- Possible drop (common) from gargoyles in Cainhurst Castle
- Possible drop from large Viper Pits in Forbidden Woods
- Possible drop from Wolf Men in the Forbidden Woods
- Possible (common) drop from the Giant in the Lecture Building
- Possible drop (very common) from beasts in Yahar'gul Chapel. At least 5 beasts available in each run. Double item drop possible.
- Possible drop (???) from Nightmare Yeti in Nightmare of Mensis
- Possible drop from wolf beasts in the Upper Cathedral Ward
- Possible reward for defeating Chalice Dungeon bosses in depth 2-3 chalices.
- x2 Cathedral Ward, after accessing the Central Plaza, in a dead end near the Forbidden Woods entrance, guarded by a crow and a Brainsucker.
- x1 Cathedral Ward, near the two NPC hunters (Tonitrus and Rifle Spear), drop off a ledge after a path beyond them. If you've defeated the bloodstarved beast, a snatcher will be guarding the ledge and may be holding a twin blood stone shard. It's recommened to use molotovs to weaken him and bait him to the stairs as he will be a sitting duck while you lob molotovs and shoot him from the safety of the roof.
- x4 Cathedral Ward, continue down the path mentioned above, past two riflemen, beyond them are two executioners. Behind the second executioner there are two Scurrying Beasts, that each drop x2 twin bloodstone shards. (Pulling the second executioner with pebbles is advised so as to not scare away the beasts.)
- x1 Cathedral Ward, hidden behind a rock, in the forest area guarded by riflemen and dogs just before Hemwick Charnel Lane.
- x2 Healing Church Workshop, dropped by a Scurrying Beast around the backside of the broken ledge where you drop down to descend the tower.
- x2 Hemwick Charnel Lane, behind the mound with the witch statue, near the lamp.
- x2 Hemwick Charnel Lane, behind a stone wall in the first area, near the shortcut gate.
- x2 Hemwick Charnel Lane, drops from a Scurrying Beast on the second floor of the stables.
- x2 Hemwick Charnel Lane, behind a wall next to a bonfire, in the area behind and above the stables.
- x2 Hemwick Charnel Lane, drops from a Scurrying Beast in front of the boss entrance. Break the barrels to make it fall from the ceiling.
- x1 Forbidden Woods, right after entering the woods, at the bottom of the cliff straight ahead of the entrance.
- x1 Forbidden Woods, found on the left offshoot immediately after crossing the stone bridge near the lamp.
- x2 Forbidden Woods, found on the left guarded by a wolfman, while crossing the oil river with the legless crawlers, below all the Molotov throwers.
- x2 Forbidden Woods, opposite from the path mentioned above, inside the shortcut tunnel, is two more, each on their own corpse.
- x1 Forbidden Woods, can be found beyond the cannon, around the back of the wall next to the windmill entrance.
- x7 Forbidden Woods, can be found in the field with the Hydra-like Snake enemies by mostly following the left side near the cliff. One is up on a ledge you have to circle around to get up to.
- x1 Forbidden Woods, can be found on a corpse, on a cliff past the entrance to the first elevator that opens the shortcut to the lamp.
- x3 Nightmare Frontier, drops from a large Scurrying Beast near the second silverbeast.
- x3 Nightmare Frontier, drops from a large Scurrying Beast in the area above the gravestone shortcut.
- x3 Nightmare Frontier, drops from a large Scurrying Beast in the poison swamp between the 3 rock throwers.
- x3 Hypogean Gaol, drops from a Scurrying Beast on the curved staircase right below the lamp.
- x3 Hypogean Gaol, drops from a Scurrying Beast outside the Hypogean Gaol, on the side path to the door leading back to the lamp.
- x1 Hypogean Gaol, outside and around the back of the Hypogean Gaol, next to the basement door.
- Twin Bloodstone Shards are very rare until the Forbidden Woods area, so use them wisely until you arrive there. Afterwards, they are plentiful.