Iosefka's Blood Vial
Iosefka's Blood Vial is a Consumable Item in Bloodborne.
Iosefka's Blood Vial Usage
- The Hunter can use this special vial to regain 70% HP of his/her total health.
- Unlike a regular Blood Vial, this one is used as an item rather than clicking the triangle button.
- During the early game portion, it can be restocked under special circumstances, which helps the Hunter get through the beginning.
- After visiting the Hunter's Dream for the first time, go to Iosefka's Clinic, then go behind the lantern and up the stairs. Interact with the door once to obtain this vial.
- It drops from a Celestial Mob at the Clinic, suggesting that the mob is the real Iosefka, while the one you talked to since reaching the Cathedral Ward is an imposter.
- It's found in a treasure chest in Mergo's Lost: Middle near Queen Yharnam and a shortcut elevator.
- Once you have used Iosefka's Blood Vial, you can return to the clinic and speak to her again to receive another vial as long as you don't anger her by attacking the door.
- She stops giving these once you have reached the Cathedral Ward.
- Furthermore, her voice changes mysteriously....
- You can only hold one of Iosefka's Blood Vial at a time.
- As the description states, Iosefka's Blood Vial was a result of a slow and careful refinement process.
- It's unknown what other procedures were used, but ultimately this was simply a better vial of blood compared to normal.
- This may also be the reason why Iosefka only lends one at a time to the Hunter, since the vials may have been difficult to produce and thus low in number.
- Since Iosefka is wearing the White Church Set, it's possible that her vials may have been used for experimentation purposes rather than a cure.
- However, her behavior suggests otherwise, since she is kind and generous to the Hunter from the beginning.
- Still, due to the dubious nature of the Healing Church, it's possible that someone else other than her may have used her vials for experiments.
- The vial found in the Nightmare of Mensis has been a popular topic of discussion regarding why it's found in that particular place (near Mergo of all beings).
- One theory is that Iosefka, or perhaps the imposter doctor, may have had a hand in creating the nightmare.
- Another theory is that a person who helped create the nightmare regularily visited Iosefka's Clinic.
- In this case, the vial might have been for Mergo.
- However, the person may have simply used it for his/her own purpose.
- Ultimately, there is no concrete proof for the theories about why the vial is there, but many believe that Miyazaki would not have placed it there without having a purpose lore-wise.