Hand Lantern is a Consumable in Bloodborne.
Hand Lantern Usage
- While activated, the Hand Lantern will illuminate the surrounding area.
- This can be done while being able to wield weapons/firearms in both hands.
- However, it provides a low amount of illumination when compared to a torch.
- 2,000 Blood Echoes [The price doesn't change]
Hand Lantern Location
- Despite being listed as a Consumable, it's an item of unlimited usage.
- This item is mainly used as a way to grant illumination while not restricting your ability to fight.
- However, because the amount of illumination is faint, it may be best to use a torch if you need to see in the dark more easily.
- Furthermore, the Hunter's Torch can be an effective choice of sidearm in regards to damage and providing illumination in a dark area.
- It does affect Old Yharnam Beasts who are also afraid of the torch and Hunter's Torch.
- It's similar to the Augite of Souls worn by the player in "Demon's Souls."
- When Bloodborne was first released, using the Hand Lantern would reduce your stamina regeneration.
- This is no longer true as of Patch 1.04.